Life in the Wight House

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Scout Camp

Well, I survived my first week of widowhood. Jared was at Scout Camp all week. He had a good time with his troop. He had five boys come and they combined with another troop with five boys as well. We came up Thursday afternoon/evening for a visit and the boys cooked us some sloppy joes which was better then the cereal we had eaten most of the week. (When Jared is gone I don’t do much cooking since the kids don’t like eating much anyway.) The kids had a blast walking around camp, picking up sticks and rocks, learning to fish, and getting really dirty. RJ stayed Thursday night and came home with the scouts late Friday night. He of course had a blast and had all kinds of stories to share with me when he got home.
Each boy caught a fish in the near by stream during the week. Jared caught one as well and his was the biggest. The grilled them by and had a nice fish dinner.




RJ loved fishing. He had so much fun and got the hang out it quickly. Jared might have to take him out more often.





The kids touched a fish one of the boys caught. They were both a little unsure about it, since it wasn't completely dead and kept jumping around.

One of the boys gutting his fish. RJ was very concerned about it.

Savannah was so dirty by the end of the day. She had so much fun playing in the dirt.


RJ's huge pancake breakfast the next morning.

3 comments:

christa said...

I love the dirt pic with Savannah, I've noticed myself being more lax with my 2nd child letting her just get down and dirty...it can always wash off right? :)

Aleena said...

Fun! That sounds like a very fun weekend!

jennie said...

How fun! I think Jared is destined to be in scouts forever, so better get used to it - right? I love the pics of Savannah - reminded me of Allie when we went camping. What is it about dirt that's so fun? I don't get it.