Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Paris

So I'll be in Paris in exactly on month. I am so excited and nervous as well to travel so far away from the kids. I know they will be in goods hands but it was hard enough just leaving when we flew to Hawaii last summer. And that wasn't even half an ocean away. Now I will be a whole country plus an ocean away, yikes. But I guess that’s not really stopping me because I’m still going. I do wish I can see more of France then just Paris but it was my decision to just stay in Pairs for the three days instead of meeting Jared and traveling up to Paris. It was just going to be to stressful and hectic so I can't complain. Hopefully his company will get their money together and we can really live in Europe for a few months next year. But enough complaining because I am going to Paris which is usually once in a life time unless you are extremely lucky and have been blessed with all kinds of money. I am somewhat disappointed with myself. We bought a package deal to have dinner on the Eifel tower followed by a cruise and then a show at the Moulin Rouge. I understood the Moulin Rouge to be a classy theater which it is. The admit kids 12 and older in and they even show the Lion King. So I was kind of thinking Broadway in France. However the shows are little more risqué then I expected (Top less women and G-strings. They are also covered in sequence and feathers) It is supposed to be a really good show and classy with the best dancing and costumes around. Wouldn’t it be fun to see a true French Can-Can in France? Anyway, the tickets are non-refundable. So do I just loose the money and ditch the show I mean I am still going to eat at the Eiffel Tower and take a night cruise down the river or do I go and use the excuses of it culture, its theater, it arts, and its Paris!

2 comments:

Sammie said...

I suggest you try selling the tickets for less on the internet.At least you won't have wasted all the money.

Lisa said...

Don't "excuse" your standards simply because you are at a place where "nobody knows your name". Would you go to a show like that in Vegas?

I'm with smeensmore, try selling the show tickets. If they don't sell, then, "C'est la vie!"