Life in the Wight House

Monday, September 15, 2008

Day 6- Mol

Wednesday, Sept. 3rd

We drove over t0 Mol Wednesday where Jared had to get back to work. I stayed in the room most of the afternoon sleeping. I was so tired from the long enjoyable week we had. That night we went into town for dinner. There weren’t very many things opened. We couldn’t find the places that were recommended to us. And I was getting sick again so we headed into a near by restaurant. Bad choice. The people didn’t speck any English. I should have been safe and ordered a hamburger. I could read that on the menu easily. But spaghetti sounded good. Unfortunately there were five different types of spaghetti and I couldn’t read Dutch to see what I was getting. I tired to talk to the waitress to order just plain tomato sauce spaghetti but she didn’t seem to understand anything I was saying. So I went with the Fruitti De Mara. Thinking tomato is a fruit. Well it turned out I ordered Fruit of the Sea. I HATE seafood! Luckily Jared ordered a pizza, so we switched.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Blech! I hate seafood too! So sorry about that..haha, I bet you wish they had a translator that would travel the city with you!

Heather said...

That is so sad that you don't like seafood. It's yummy stuff, but I am glad Jared is nice and traded with you.