Life in the Wight House

Thursday, September 18, 2008

This week's photos.

On Saturday we got together with some friends in St. Anthony for a BBQ. It was very enjoyable. It was nice to have some steak, especially for Jared, since there isn't much of that in Europe. We spent the evening chatting and tasting different types of Belgium chocolate, some better then other. Like the tobacco flavor, still can't believe Ben tired it. And then there was some weird flavor we all tried but couldn't pin down what flavor it was. But it was fun and the kids all enjoyed playing together.
Here are some of the kids eating cookies. (they didn't get the chocolate but they enjoyed the large chocolate chip cookies instead.) Savannah (2), Amber (4), RJ (4), Adam (6), Emily (2).


Today the kids spent most of the day in their jammies while I did some canning.
Here is Savannah showing off her tongue.

RJ spent the morning making signs for all the doors. This one says Backyard.


So yes it is that time of year where the farms from Utah come up and sell their yummy peaches by the box. I bought two box this year. We ate the half of the first box, oh they were good. And then I canned the rest. We had some peach jam left from last year so I just did one batch of jam. And canned the rest. I had just barely enough jars. It was perfect. Next week I am going to try and can some of the tomatoes from our garden. We got a ton.

3 comments:

Aleena said...

Oh how I miss canning! I don't have free fruit from my father-in-law because I'm in CA and I haven't had any time this year. Oh how sad. Anyway, it's good to read your blog and get caught up. I wish you guys would move to California for a couple of years. :)

christa said...

Very impressed by your canning abilities...I know ZIP about canning.

Lisa said...

WOW! Fantastic job canning! Isn't it a great feeling -- when it's all done? and so much more enjoyable to can when its chilly outside instead of hot in the middle of August.
I'm sad we missed all the chocolate tasting. How fun. Next time, though, for sure!