Life in the Wight House

Friday, September 26, 2008

RJ's Learning Book

RJ loves writing or should I say telling stories for me to write down. He is really into making books. They of course are about four or five mini pages long and jump from plot to plot but the characters seem to stay the same. Well recently he became interested in "learning" books or an educational book. He really wants to learn everything. So he decided to write his own "learning" book. I thought it was very cute and wanted to share it. Because I am his mother, I might be the only one who loves it, but thought I'd share it anyway.

RJ's Learning Book
By: RJ Wight

Did you know you have to make peaches sometimes. When you want them in a can. And when you don't want them in a can, you don't have to make them. If you run out of peaches you can buy more. And if you run out of jars, you can buy those too.
When you have a cough you get medicine.
When you don't know how to write, you just ask a grown up to help. If you don't know what to do, you just ask a grown up if you're bored.
Did I mention put on clothes? If you put on clothes you have to take your jammies off first. Then put on your underwear.
Did I mention when I was younger? When you are younger you are baby and you can't talk. When you go to church you can wear a tie when you want to wear a tie.
Did I mention you can change your house too?
Do you have a word hunter like mine? You have to really love your toys.
And sometimes you have to move. But if you don't know French you have to move some where where you can learn French. (A little side note for those who don't know, we may be moving to Belgium and RJ and Savannah will be going to a European School where they will learn French.)

Did I mention, don't be bad. If you do you get a time out. Sometimes you cry when you get a time out. So if you don't want a time out, don't be bad.
You have to read the scriptures all the time. But don't throw a fit if you want to read the scriptures first. You have just have to wait your turn.
And if you wanted to go in the bath tub first and you didn't because your baby is taking a bath first, then it is OK.
I watched a movie once and some peas were bad and some were good. And the bad peas slapped people's fishes. And there was a guy named Jonah and he told the bad peas a message for everybody. Then Jonah told the king and he got sad. And then all the bad peas were good.
When your baby is asleep you can play board games because babies can mess up stuff. There is all kinds of board games you can buy at the stores. And sometimes you can't buy all of them because other people have to buy them too. And some book can be games, too.
You can read a story at quiet time. And you can take a nap at quiet time too. Shhh..listen to the stuff around you. Look at pictures and don't say a thing. Whisper in someone's ear if you have a question for them.
Use your imagination to drive your car to the car wash and anything else you can imagine.
The End

3 comments:

Heather said...

I loved RJ's learning book even though I am not his mommy, so I think there is a bigger audience there than you think. I especially liked when he started to talk about the peas. Are you a Veggie Tales fan? We are.

jennie said...

That is adorable! It's funny how a 4 year old mind works, isn't it? At least you know he's listening & trying to understand! I loved it.

Mike and Nikki said...

What a smart little boy! He really is listening and taking everything in! I loved his learning book!