Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 7 & 8 - Last day

Thursday, Sept. 4th

Jared worked today and I spent the morning walking around the facility. There are several apartments and small villas along the river that runs through the campus here on the facility. Across the river is a nice walking/bike trail . I spent that morning out walk along it and then met up with Jared for lunch in the cafeteria. In the afternoon I took a nap and played on the computer while Jared took an unexpected job interview. Yes that is right, we are contemplating a move to Belgium. No decisions have been made yet. That night we headed into town for dinner. We ate at a nice restaurant then the night before and the waitress spoke English, thankfully. I got a steak with a very good cream sauce. We finished dinner off by sharing a Belgium Waffle for dessert. Very yummy!

Friday, Sept. 5th
We got up at 3am (7pm thursday night in Idaho) and drove to Brussels. I had a flight at 6am which took me to Amsterdam. They weren't took happy that my passport hadn't been stamped in Paris proving when I arrived in Europe. But they thankfully stamped my passport (my first stamp) and let me continue on my way. I had a 2 hour lay over before getting on the biggest plane I have ever seen to Houston Texas. I don't know the different types of planes but this one is one of the largest. It was a double decker plane. It was huge! Once I land in Texas I was so excited to be back in the states with people who understood me. The first sign I saw was a sign for the Restrooms and it said Banos underneath it. I got excited that I could read and understand both languages. It is funny what little things can excite us. I had a 5 hour lay over in Houston. I tired to take a few power naps and read the last book in the Twilight series. I then flew to Salt Lake getting in a 8:30. I had been up and traveling for over 24 hours. I stayed the night at my Aunt and Uncle's home in Salt Lake and then took a shuttle full of college kids to Idaho the next morning. I guess school was starting on Monday, I thought it had already started, but the shuttle was full. I started feeling old since I was the only one married with kids. But anyways, I made it home around noon on Saturday and was welcomed with by two huge hugs and little kisses. Jared had to stay for another week. But he is home now and we are enjoying being together as a family again.

No comments: