Life in the Wight House

Friday, January 23, 2009

Blessings

I have had a really rotten, frustrating day (morning) with the kids! Actually it seems like today was the worst of many frustrating days this week. We have had a lot of power struggles today and I am exhausted!!!! Carry an extra 30 pounds around makes it even more exhausting. Yes, that is how much I have gained and I still have 9 more weeks of gaining to do! I was about to write it all down and vent but I feel what I really need to do is count my blessing. I am indeed a lucky girl. The future is so unpredictable but at this moment I am doing very well.

  • Jared has a good job and his future in it still looks promising.
  • I can stay home and not rely on day care.
  • We can afford preschool, thus giving me a little break and RJ an extra learning experience.
  • We are going to have another baby, which will make three when so many people struggle to even make one.
  • We have a house to keep us warm (even though our heating bill is enormous. But that is where Jared’s good job comes in to factor).
  • We can still go out for dinner when I don’t feel like cooking.
  • My kids have new clothes to wear (a lot of that is because of good grandparents, Thank you)
  • We are all in good health. That biggest health issue we have had to deal with in the last 6 years was the flu bug.
  • We have good insurance
  • My house is a mess because we have been blessed with so many toys.
  • We have our house up for sell but don’t have to move out. Thus we can afford to wait for a good offer.
  • We have two working vehicles one of which is kind of paid for.
  • I have a hobby that I love.
  • We live in a great neighborhood. I never have to worry about locking my doors, even though I still do.
  • The weather is warm enough to enjoy the snow and I think it is time to get outside and breathe in some fresh air while I continue to count my blessing.

So I am off to bundle up the kids and enjoy a good snow ball fight.

2 comments:

mkamye said...

I'm so glad you posted that. I think it's good for all of us to take a time out and consider our blessings when we're struggling. And I can't believe you only have 9 weeks to go. It seems like your pregnancy has flown by!

Nathan and Gemma said...

What wonderful blessings! When you write them down like that it is hard to imagine there could be anything left in life worth worrying about :) I should try it too. And by the way I'm glad you lock your doors lol Only in Idaho!