Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's freezing!!!!!!

So we have been having a mild January and it has been nice. I had been hoping for snow and we finally got some. The temperature was in the 30's which was nice. We were able to actually play and enjoy the fresh snow fall. I could handle snow and 30 degree weather no problem. But of course living in Idaho, that wasn't going to last for long. The temperature started slowing dropping Sunday and early this morning it was 20 below, yikes!!! Now living in an old house, this isn't very good for our pipes. Last year we had our toilet freeze as well as our washer. This year we have experienced the same problems. But this morning one more added bonus, our shower pipes froze. Boy do I wish we had the money to remodel our bathroom/laundry room. We still are getting water coming in from both our bathroom and kitchen faucets. So we aren't completely without water. And so far we haven't experienced any kind of pipe breakage. I am praying that we never have to experience that. I got all the laundry done yesterday, and the toilet can be easily filled by hand to flush the toilet, but not having a shower is frustrating. Only because I didn't take a shower yesterday, I was busy cleaning and doing other things. I can miss a day with out a shower, but two days with out a shower is icky!! If the pipes don't un-thaw by noon, I'll probably be washing my hair in kitchen sink, if I can mange with my big belly. Just one of those days I wish I didn't live in an old house.

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh no! Frozen pipes. I am scared of getting a few of those myself here in Idaho.

Aleena said...

So sorry Jen, that does not sound like fun. It's stories like these that make me glad I'm in California where it is 66 degrees right now. :)