Life in the Wight House

Monday, January 5, 2009

Trip to CA part 1 (before Christmas)

We spent our first few days in Sacramento with Jared father. He has two new kitties and a puppy. The kids loved the new animals, especially the cats. They chased them all around the house and tried their hardest to cuddle with them. They had fun with the puppy too, but they loved the cats much better. RJ and Papa Wight talking over dinner.

On Jared's birthday (the 19th) we took the kids to a space discovery museum. They had a blast, especially RJ since he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. We went through the space part of the museum twice.


They also had a little area with animal exhibits. Savannah and RJ are checking out a tarantula.

RJ explaining his version of how the earth goes around the sun and moon. He almost had it all right.





On the 20th we went down to Fairfield and stayed with Jared's mother. RJ had been asking her to have an Indiana Jones Party with him. So they made some yummy home made cupcakes, they were so gooood!!!!


RJ found some legos in Grandma closet. Him and daddy spent all day Sunday creating a fort.

The kids were sick with bad colds that we just couldn't shake. Savannah even had a fever off and on. Over New Years it was 102.6. I and Savannah also got some form of Pink eye. So other then visiting family we did a lot of laying around and relaxing.

On the 23rd we celebrated my dad's birthday. I learned his favorite birthday dinner is Spaghetti and my Grandmother has an even better spaghetti sauce recipe then my mom. ( I think my mom has one of the best recipes so I am excited to try my grandmother's some day, if she can find it) My Grandmother also used to make my dad this special angel food ice cream cake for his birthday when he was younger. She made it for him this year and it was pretty good. It was angel food cake layered with pecan ice cream with a hint of peppermint. It was fun to experience a tradition from my dad's childhood.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, Jennifer! Sounds (and looks) like you guys had great Christmas(es!)! Merry Christmas. And how great is that you get to spend it with a lot of family. Sorry to hear about the sicknesses and fevers. Hope Savannah is feeling better by now.

The museum looks great. Maybe next time we're that way we ought to look into it. . . Happy New Year!

mkamye said...

I love the picture of Savannah holding the cat! Too cute! Hope you guys are feeling better!