Life in the Wight House

Monday, January 19, 2009

Details of our past week.

So before we left for CA we were having days of non-stop snow. We were told it snowed like crazy while we were away. This is a photo of the yard near the beginning of December before we left for California:
When we got back I was surprised to find no snow on the roads and hardly any in the yards. I was told the weather was crazy while we were away. It dumped and dumped and then the wind picked up and blew everything away and then the sun came out and melted the rest. We haven't had any snow in weeks. Over the 6+ years I have lived in Idaho, this scenery is unheard of for January. Of course I have always lived further up in elavation. This is only my second winter in Idaho Falls. But still St. Anthony & Rexburg aren't that much farther away. I'm not complaining much I love that the roads are clear and we don't have to worry about shoveling snow or falling on ice. But my kids haven't played in the snow yet this year because they were sick when it first snowed and now there is no snow to play in. We still have more weeks of winter so maybe we will get some. I am enjoying the sun shine, but still can't go outside because it is still so stinkin cold! I haven't heard any rumours yet, but I can't help but wonder if we will be having a drought this summer.

This week RJ said goodbye to a favorite friend. Wade and his family moved down to Utah and RJ has been really sad to have his friend move away. The two played so well together. We'll miss him.
Wade was the one that introduced RJ to the Indiana Jones Wii game and RJ is now hooked. Here are the two of them playing the game together on their last day together.

So I have been wanting to cut my hair short but have been too chicken. The shortest I cut it was just above my shoulders when I was pregnant with Savannah. Just before Christmas I gathered the courage to cut it to my chin. I loved the length but I hated the style. The front was really bugging me. So when I got back from our vacation I decided to do something about the front. When I walked back into the salon I feel head over heals in love with one to the stylist hair cuts. It was a little shorter then mine and it was very layered. I was nervous about layering my hair so much because it is so thick but I decided to go ahead and try it. Her hair was just so cute, just what I have been wanting. So I did it, I cut my hair again and I am liking the new style, I still think it looks cuter on the stylist then me, but it is so easy to do and feels so light., I am hoping to maybe color it soon but anyway, here is the new look.


So Jared bought me a very early Valentine/Birthday present. He was going to wait to give it to me but just couldn't. I am really excited about it. He bought me a fancy digital camera. It is an older style and used that he found on Ebay.
I have been debating about getting one. One of my reserves, besides the cost, is weather or not I will use it much. I don't know if I will like lugging a huge camera around. But I have been wishing for a nice camera with a faster shutter speed and one that takes RAW photos. I have really wanted to play with RAW images since I learned about them at my Scrapbooking conference. So anyway, I have a new toy. He said if I like it and use it enough then we can look into purchasing a newer style. So I have a lot of playing around to do.

7 comments:

christa said...

I looooooooove the haircut! I've been "growing" me hair out for Jeremy but I think I look better with shorter hair, I would love to get a cut like that, it looks super good on you. Congrats on the camera...it's a lot of fun and a lot of learning, I've had mine for over a year now and I'm just starting to learn the things it can do.

Lisa said...

The haircut is great. I wish we had more snow here also. It is so cold outside that we have to stay inside to play. Have fun with the camera; I love mine.

jennie said...

I love your hair! I'm getting mine cut pretty soon - I even have the style picked out. It's hard to get up the courage! If you want your kids to be able to play in the snow - come to our house! We still have plenty! But the roads are almost clear & that's wonderful. Have fun with your new camera!

Katie said...

First off..you can have OUR SNOW!! It hasn't really stopped snowing for the past week or so..ridiculous..and the freezing temps?! They can go too!!
Anyway, I LOVE The haircut! Yay for trying new things..it looks great on you!

Josh Wight said...

Yea this no snow deal is noo good , forecasts are looking up though and actually for us this year is immattating the year of 58 where they got like 30' of snow in february and march so lets hope.
the haircut looks cute jen
hope all is well guys

Aleena said...

Wow, you did go short! I like it! You'll have to have Jared take front and back pictures of your hair so I can get a better look! I'm glad you love it, that is essential when you get a new hair cut! Congrats on the new camera, that should be fun. The fast shutter speed will be awesome. Is it just me? Or are you starting to feel anxious about having your baby. As it gets closer I'm realizing that this is really going to happen, ya know? I only have 8 weeks left!

Harris Family said...

Love your new haircut! Your camera should be fun to play with too! Shane has been wanting a nice one like that too. Hope all is well with you-I had Tay at 30 weeks! The baby can survive at this point! I hope you don't have it early though but I am always happy for people when they get to thirty weeks and past!