Life in the Wight House

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Trip to CA part 3 (Grandma Bartley's house)

I and the kids spent our third and last week in CA at my parents house. The Kids loved Grandma's jetted tub and enjoyed spending as much time as they could with their uncles. Sunday afternoon was nap time for everyone. Grandpa took a nap on the couch and when I came down stairs from my nap I discovered that RJ and Uncle Chris covered Grandpa up with piles of blankets and pillows. Grandpa said is was comfortable.

Tuesday we went to lunch with my sister Margaret and had to drop her off at a doctors appointment after lunch. While we waited, my mom and I took the kids bowling. This was their first time bowling, RJ had been asking for while to go. Unfortunately he got sick again with a high fever and couldn't enjoy bowling as much as he would have. But he was still able to bowl a 117. Savannah enjoyed it for the first half and then got a little bored. She bowled a 74.




Grandma's cookie jar is always full. Savannah and RJ loved getting a cookie now and then.

My Grandparents came over Friday for a last good bye, before we left for Idaho. They brought some dress up hats and things they had from a New Years Eve party. Savannah dressed up and put on a show for them. She is such a bigger singer and dancer.

After lots of gray skis, rain, and cold days, Friday was sunny and warm. Matthew took us down to the creak to show us some of his favorite spots. I enjoyed the sunny walk and fresh air. As a child I loved explore the near by creak. This isn't the same creak I grew up by but it was still very enjoyable.

CA is so green in the winter!



The kids discovered Cotton Tails for the first time.




I kept trying and trying to get a photo of the three of them on this log, but my battery was dying. I was finally able to take this quick shot only Savannah was sporting her Home Alone Face.

California was a lot of fun. But it is nice to be home again. I heard the day after we left the weather was a nice 70 degrees. Bummer! At least it isn't too cold here like most Januarys.

3 comments:

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

Wow-it looks like your trip to California was a success! Very busy . . . your family is sure adorable. You look so cute pregnant!

Aleena said...

You are such a good photographer! Love these outdoor pictures!

christa said...

I still have never brought the girls bowling! I know they'd love it we've just never planned it out!