Life in the Wight House

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snow Pictures

We got five inches of snow yesterday. The kids were very excited to play in it. We didn't get to playing in the snow till later in the afternoon. Our morning and early afternoon were busy. I had to run to the store for our weekly shopping trip. The roads were so slick, it was awful. I drove 20 MPH on 40 MPH roads and I was still sliding around. A few cars behind me were sliding as well but still decided to pass me because I was going too slow for them. It was so annoying being passed on ice roads, but better extra safe then sorry. I'd rather go slow then slide off into a ditch or into something else.
Our snow blower is broken. Jared came home early to try to fix it and continued the project this morning. Another problem arose and he gave up. Back to the old shovel. We are really wishing we got our neighbors new snow blower when they offered it to us before they moved. Oh well. Life goes on. I guess a little extra hard work is good for you. I'm sure Jared won't be too happy with that statement, since he is the one shoveling.
It is snowing again this morning the kids were desperate to get back outside and play in it. They are out there now having a ball. No pictures because I'd rather stay inside and be warm at the moment. But here are a few photos from yesterday.








They tried to start building a snow man.
But Savannah decided that the snow was better for eating then building.

2 comments:

Janan said...

I must admit, I have been PRAYING FOR SNOW in IDAHO FALLS!! Sorry . . . except, I was thinking more during the first weekend of FEBRUARY . . . not now! I wanted Kaiya to get to enjoy the white stuff . . . I hope you all don't suffer too much during the next to weeks for our enjoyment . . . of course, it will probably snow until we get there and then have a unusual WARM UP!!!

Mike and Nikki said...

WOW! That is a lot of snow. I would have no idea what to do in that situation. I think 50 degrees is cold enough! Stay warm!