Life in the Wight House

Friday, September 11, 2009

10 lbs. by Christmas

She: My back really hurts. Each day I feel like I am getting older.

He: I hear ya. I ache just going up and down stairs at work.

She: We aren't even 30 yet! Why do we feel so old?

He: We aren't old, we are just out of shape.

She: So true. You know I have been thinking about making a goal to lose 10 lbs by Christmas.

He: How do you intend to do that?

She: I not only want to lose weight but I want to get in shape. I am going to make time each day to get on that Wii fit. I am hopefully going to make use of that gym we have in the complex before we move out. At least once a week, if the baby will cooperate. I am going to lay off the snacks. No more ice cream at night.

He: Well, maybe just once a week.

She: Ok, once a week. But definitely not going to eat much after dinner. And I'll make it a point to drink water more often. I just want to feel good in my clothes again. So are you on board with me? 10 lbs by Christmas?

He: Yeah, I think I can do that. I would like to feel better in my clothes too.

And so we are going to offer an invitation to you as well. 10 pounds by Christmas. That's only 1.5 pounds every two weeks. I plan on weighing in each week to track my goal. I only ask for your cheers. If you would like to join us, I will definitely cheer you on as well. Try weighing in each week and document it on your blog. It is much easier to loose the weight and get in shape when you know you will be accounted for it. So who is with us?

4 comments:

christa said...

I'm with you- I've lost 18lbs so far. I'm on a meal replacement program though, so my weightloss is excellarted. I will definetly be cheering you on. Taking walks, ice cream once a week (a serving size) and really watching your calories, you could easily do it by Christmas!! Good Luck!! I've learned a lot about portions and calories since being on this program...and making healthy choices and changes..I've changed the way the family eats and Jeremy's lost 10lbs just by changing his eating habits! You guys can do it, we're behind you all the way!!

Tom and Michelle said...

Jen and Jard I will be on board with you and keep you up dated on my progess too. I will also cheer you on too.

Sammie said...

You CAN do it! Best wishes and we're with you.
Although it doesn't sound like Jared is too committed?
I AM old and I have lost weight this year. Still working at it and I promise you will feel better and younger!
Good luck to both of you.

Christine Dallimore said...

Hey- That's my goal too! :0) being diagnosed with insulin resistance has helped me a lot... no more sweets for me! Good luck, especially with the holiday season around the corner!!

O.k.- I just love where you are at! I am so excited at all of the beautiful pictures you are going to be able to take this fall! Love the new couch... A LOT!!! How is the new house hunt going?

I can't believe that Zachery is sitting up now. What an adorable little fellow! I am so happy to see that things are falling into place with you!!! We do miss you a lot though! :0)