Life in the Wight House

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekly Update

Let's see where do I start.... how about with Zachery .....

Our little munchkin is of course the cutest little guy around. He loves to sit up, always has. And now is sitting up very well unsupported. He entertains himself very well when we sit him up in front of a few toys. Everything is going into his little mouth so we have had to talk to the kids plenty of times to keep their little toys off the ground. Zachery is really into the rolling and can get around the room pretty good just by rolling. Not too much longer and he will be crawling and I know he is going to be a mover and will be getting into anything and everything just like his sister. YIKES!

Next on the list moving up is Savannah....

Our little princess is getting the hang of using the potty. She is doing extremely well and I will be looking into dance classes shortly. (I promised her when she used the potty all the time she could go to dance classes again). We have had a few days this week with no accidents. I am very impressed with her attitude towards the potty. We still aren't completely there but almost. Hooray!!

And RJ is something else....

We have been having problems with his attitude lately and I am not sure what to do. He has been whining and complaining A LOT and he has been very slow to obey. I'm sad to say that I look forward to school everyday so I can have a break. However he seems to be doing very well in school. The teacher has a behavioral system and the kids come home with a stop light each day. If it is green they have been good if it is red they have not. Yellow means there were a few warnings given. RJ has had nothing but green lights since the first day of school. We are very proud of him. He says it is hard to get green lights because he has to be quiet all the time and he hates it. But at least he is trying hard and is disciplined at school. Just wish he could be more disciplined at home... Hmmmm... I think it is just hard on him having such a long school day. The bus picks him up at 8:30 and he gets home at 4. He gets one recess for lunch, crazy!!! This school however does have the funding for Music, Art, and PE so they do have that extra break time from the curriculum in the afternoons. Every morning RJ complains about not wanting to go to school. He hates that it is so long. He misses his friends from Idaho and it just breaks my heart. But once he is at the bus stop he is fine. He gets on the bus with little problem and gets off the bus with a smile. I have such a hard time reading other peoples blogs about their kids loving school and so excited to go back the next day. RJ looked forward to kindergarten and school for so long. We thought he would be much more excited about it then he has been. It has just been kind of sad and hard for us all.

Anyway on to me....

I have been getting back into my Scrapbooking, I have A LOT to still get caught up on. I have been getting to know the neighborhood a little bit more. We found the library the other day and signed Savannah up for Story Time activities. It starts on Tuesday and we look forward to that. I have been pretty good at my exercise and eating better goal. I am happy to say I have exercised everyday this week even though one day was only for about 5 minutes, but I did get it in. I wasn't really good about the eating at the beginning of the week. I still snacked a lot. But I got better as the week went on. I am tyring to eat more fruits and veggies and I have succeeded in adding more to my diet and less cookies and ice cream. I am happy to report I have lost 2 pounds. Now the goal is to keep those two pounds off and keep losing more.

Last but not least .... Jared ...

Jared has been really enjoying his new job. Each day he seems to like it more and more. We have been really blessed here and feel that moving to Virginia was the right thing for our family. Doug Merrill was in town this week and Jared and him went to lunch. (How fun was that, he got caught up on the happenings of Iona ward :) Jared has discovered the fun of extraction work. Every night after the kids have gone to bed, Jared has been on the Internet extracting names from the census records for temple work. I have thought about doing this myself but haven't found (or made) time for it yet. And looking over his shoulder, it seems much harder then I thought it would be. He has been looking at census forms with names from Poland and other forgien countries. And it is hard to read some of the writing. Anyway, he is enjoying it and has extracted over 500 names this week!! He has also made time to exercise every morning. He has started a new routine and wakes up at 5:30 to exercise. Then he showers and reads his scriptures while having some breakfast and heads out to work. He enjoys having the quiet morning to read and ponder the scriptures. Sometimes RJ gets up before 7 and has a bowl of cereal with him, he enjoys that. And Jared has lost 3 pounds this week, good for you!

Other news ....

We had stake conference today. This is the first time we have ever had to drive over an hour to get to our stake building. It is a curvy ride over the hill, luckily no one got car sick. We enjoyed the service and uplifting messages. The kids did very well and we are glad we made the effort to attend.

And..

We got our house on the market to sell just before labor day weekend. And 3 days later we had a buyer!!!!! We asked for $125,000 and sold it for $122,000. Out of everything that is wrong with that house, the only thing they request is a replacement door. The loan requires a metal door between the garage and the house. So we are filling out our finally papers this week and the house is off our hands. Time to start the house hunting here. The adventure continues!

Oh, one more thing. I was called to the primary in our new ward. I will be teaching RJ's class, CTR5. He is looking forward to having me as his teacher and I am looking forward to it as well. I love being in the Primary. Jared gets Zachery for the last two hours of church and so far it has been good.

7 comments:

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

It sounds like you guys are doing really well. I'm glad you like Virginia and you get to start house hunting soon. Congrats on selling the house! I still can't believe RJ's Kindergarten is from 8:30 to 4:00 ... Parker still has one more year before school but kindergarten here is only from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

HOORAH-for selling the house! It appears that things are going well for you....I'm so glad we have these blogs, so we can keep up with the happenings!

Mike and Nikki said...

Congrats on selling your house! That is awesome and such a wait lifted from your shoulders. Hopefully school will get easier with time and as he gets into the routine of it. It is hard on a lot of kids at the start of the year because they have to adjust to the teacher's personality and being on such a tight schedule. I do think the kindergarten sounds a little long and with only a lunch recess it seems a little ridiculous to me. They are kids after all!

Mattsmom said...

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but I teared up reading your blog today. How much I wish RJ were in school with Matthew. I know you guys are where you should be, but it still makes me sad sometimes.
It feels like you guys are on a long vacation, and Matthew is still trying to figure out when RJ is coming home.

That said, I am glad you are doing well! Life holds so many adventures! I am so glad your house sold! That is an amazing blessing!

Oh yea, one more thing. How can I get Sadie into the dance class? She would love it!

Erica said...

Sounds like you guys are busy. I hope things continue to go well with the potty training and things start to get better with RJ. Seth and Ethan act the same way for a least a few hours a day.

Aleena said...

Thanks for the update! Congratulations on selling your house! That was fast! It's fun to hear about each of you. Zach is doing so much. I think with Micah being so heavy it's harder for him to get around. Keep up the good work with Savannah! Mom's should get a trophy, or maybe a day at the spa as a reward when their child is potty trained! It's a lot of work and patience for mom! Good luck with RJ. He'll probably get better once he's a little more used to school. Great job losing weight already. Not everyone knows how hard it can be but I do. Keep up the good work! And good for Jared finding so many names!

Heather said...

Congrats on selling your house. YEA!!!! That is awesome news! And it's good to hear how you are all doing and that it is mostly good. I'm sorry RJ is having such a difficult time. :(