Life in the Wight House

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lynchburg, Virginia and our apartment

If you have never been back east before then here is just a glimpse of what you may see.Trees! and Lots of them!
People always told me that the east is covered in trees but you really can't understand how covered in trees it really is until you have seen it. I am just loving the scenery here and can't wait till the fall.

Lynchburg, VA is close to the middle of the state. It is a college town, think Rexburg except much bigger in population. There really isn't a whole lot happening there but the people are very friendly and the majority of the population is a student during the fall and winter season. I didn't realize this until we went to Super Walmart the weekend before school started and I swear I was back in Rexburg again.
The area is very religious, however unlike Rexburg where everyone is of the LDS faith, Lynchburg is predominantly Baptists. The largest university in the area is a private Baptist University called Liberty. I say largest university in the area because there are 6 colleges here in Lynchburg alone. Like I said, serious college town.
But we are enjoying it. We have learned not to shop at Super Walmart during the weekend and especially not around the first few weeks of school. We have loved the weather. It is similar to Idaho as we have had many summer thunder storms and light rain showers. The humidity doesn't bother me at all, however Jared as had problems with allergies and I believe it has affected Zachery as well. Hopefully, they will get used to it. RJ loves his teacher and is enjoying his new school. He can now tolerate quiet time because he finally found something to do (count all the people who have to use the bathroom during this time) and he is very excited to be doing something other then putting his head on his desk for the short break.
We have made a few friends in our Ward and have even been invited over to dinner with another young family in the area. It has been nice thus far.

Here is a little tour of our apartment.

When you first walk in you see our little dinning room on your right

And on your left is the kitchen

From there the apartment opens up to the living room and sun room


Our sun room has been turned into our play room


Living room (the double doors holds our washer and dryer)

And look, I got a new couch!!!!!! If any of you saw my old couch you knew I was in great need of a new couch. I am so excited to have new furniture!

To match the couch we got this over sized chair and ottoman as well.

Off the living room is our bedroom

And the best part of the apartment is our very own bathroom! We have had only one bathroom in the last three places we have lived, it is so nice to have two bathrooms, especially with the kids!

On the other side of the living is a small hall leading to two bedrooms and the second bathroom.
Here is Zachery's room

And RJ and Savannah's room. (Since these pictures were taken we put the beds together to form a bunk bed so there is much more play space now.)

6 comments:

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

I was just thinking about you today...glad to hear/see that you are doing well. Rindee

Geniel Bartley said...

Brings back memories of the apartment we started with you and your brother.

Nathan and Gemma said...

Virginia looks alot like New Jersey tons of trees!!!! but beautiful. It's great to see you all settled and organized, I wish I was you put me to shame. It's great to see Zachery he is really growing up fast eating food and playing with toys wow!

Mike and Nikki said...

Your apartment looks perfect for your family. I love the sun room that you can use for toys. How great! I am glad you are enjoying your new town.

Jenn said...

Yay! Now when can we all visit, lol?

Aleena said...

Very cute apartment! It looks like you moved in nicely. I'm glad you are doing well! And yes it is beautiful in Virginia. We lived in Maryland for a very short time when we were first married but I remember loving the trees and greenery too. How exciting!