Life in the Wight House

Friday, September 25, 2009

A Good Night's Rest

Did my baby really sleep that long?? Jared came into the room at 6 this morning after his morning work out. I excepted him to be bringing Zachery in for his early morning feeding. But there was no baby and upon looking at the clock I realized I hadn't seen my little guy since I put him to bed at 8. That was 10 hours ago!!!!
Lately Zachery has been going to bed at 8 and getting up at 4 for a feeding. 8 hours has been very great. He goes back to sleep and is up again at 6. He spends some play time with Daddy in the morning and then Jared hands him off to me so he can continue to get ready for work. I feed him once again and then we start our getting ready for school routine with RJ.
So I was very surprised that it was already 6 am and I hadn't heard a peep from my little guy all night. Was he still alive? (That seems like the question every mother asks herself when her baby sleeps through the night for the first time). As I layed there wondering, it hit me. My baby monitor wasn't turned on. Zachery could have easily woken up at his usually time and I would have never heard him. I had been out last night for a Girl Night at TGI Fridays and hadn't gotten to bed till midnight, so I was definitely in a deep sleep last night.
I tip toed into Zac's room and realized that yes, he had woken up. He was completely turned around on the other side of the crib. Poor kid. Did he scream and cry himself back to sleep? or maybe he just talked and played for a little bit before falling back to sleep. I doubt it. I bet he was crying. For how long wonder? And I can't believe the other two kids didn't wake up since their room is right across the hall.
Zachery finally woke up at 7, all smiley and happy. I'm sure he was pleased that someone got himout of his crib this time. I was of course hurting, but well rested. So we had a nice long feeding session before the school routine.

3 comments:

Nathan and Gemma said...

It sounds like you are settling in quickly. Do you like your ward? It's was extremely funny to hear about RJ's adventures on the school bus (he's just so little)BUT heart stopping too I can imagine how traumatic that would be for you and RJ. I'm soo glad he is safe. He is really growing up!

Aleena said...

That has happened to me a few times. I'm sure Zachary is just fine. At least you got some sleep!

Sammie said...

Yeah sleep! Happy, scary moment.