Life in the Wight House

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day Weekend

This has probably been one of the best Mother's Days'! RJ brought home these flowers from preschool on Thursday and has wished me a Happy Mother's Day every day since then. On Saturday the kids and I went to Bear World. We have done this every year on Mother's Day because Mother's get in Free. Jared decided to stay home this trip and work on the yard since it was the first nice day this week we have had and we had been gone the last two weeks.
Seth came with us too and they were all soo excited to see the bears.

Savannah looking at a Buffalo.
Look there is a bear right outside the window.


After the drive through the park we went through the petting zoo and the kiddie rides.
The Baby cubs are always so cute!


Savannah was just content to say hi to all the animals instead of petting them.

I don't think I have ever seen a peacock spread it's feathers like this. I was very excited and this peacock was so pretty.
This baby goat was so cute, it kept trying to jump over the rocks.
An expression of love! Why do the male birds always have to be the pretty ones?

Ride time! Seth was able to ride everything alone. RJ couldn't ride the train alone but he could ride everything else. I'm not sure why the train ride was such a big deal, it just went around in a small circle. And Savannah could ride everything as long as I was with her.

RJ and Seth rode up front on the train and RJ loved pulling on the Train bell.


We had to talk RJ into riding on this ride. Seth really wanted to do it and RJ finally consented, but he held the hand of the lady next to him the whole time. Later Savannah really wanted to do it so we all did it again, except RJ, who stood below and watched. We were also able to talk him into riding the little roller coaster. It was a lot smaller then the one he rode at the Nut Tree a couple weeks ago. We told him it was the wave ride, not a roller coaster. But he wouldn't go on it a second time.
The boys loved this ride ride and the second time I gave in and joined them with Savannah.

While at home, Jared got the ground ready for a garden. We hope to plant a few things next weekend.

Right here behind the house we are planning on planting an herb garden and probably some strawberries.
The boys played in the sand box and enjoyed the afternoon having an "adventure" in the large yard while Savannah was sleeping, and I helped Jared with some more yard work.
Helping me out in the yard.
Look I have tulips!

Saturday night we got a sitter and Jared took me out to dinner. Then we went to a dance the city was putting on for Mother's Day. It was a lot of fun. They had a big band and some ballroom dance lessons. We both had taken classes in College but it had been a long time since we had danced we had forgotten a lot. But with a few quick lessons a lot came back to us. It was a lot of fun.

Sunday morning the kids made me breakfast. Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, Yummy!

It has been a wonderful weekend! Jared just finished the dishes and is working on folding the last of the laundry. Couldn't ask for anything better!



Here are a couple photos from early this week:

5 comments:

jennie said...

How fun! I've been taking care of a sick Allie this weekend. Yours was better. Your kids are growing up so fast! I can't believe how big they are. You're a great mom. Happy Mother's Day!

christa said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! The dinner and dancing sounded like so much fun, how romantic!

Lisa said...

What a great weekend! Happy mother's day!

Aleena said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Looks like you had a great weekend! It's always fun to see your blogs!

Jenn said...

I just want to tell you that you have an awesome blog. I check in a few times a week to get my dose of "adorable"! =) You have a great family and deserve every ounce of happiness that you have, and then some. Love, me!