Life in the Wight House

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend projects

This has been a very busy weekend. Saturday we all worked very hard. I don't remember doing so much work in one day. Let's start with Friday. Jared worked a half day and then enjoyed his first game of golf with a buddy from work in the afternoon. He very much enjoyed it. I spent the morning with two cranky kids and a noise dog. To make matters worse, RJ had a friend over to play and he was the only nice one. I felt really bad for him cause RJ was being so rotten. I always hate it when RJ wakes up to early. So after his friend left, RJ took a little nap. When I say little I mean little. Anymore then 20 minutes and he wouldn't go to bed till midnight. But after the nap he was doing much better. We then enjoyed the afternoon in the warm sunshine. I finally finished pulling all the weeds in the front flower bed. Now to decided what to plant and see if I even have the funds to plant it. So while I was weeding, Savannah decided to pick ALL my tulips. I was a little upset but couldn't be upset for too long cause she is so stinking cute. She laid a few of them down in a row along the house and sat down to smell each one. Of course I had to get my camera. :)

On to Saturday:
So Saturday morning RJ and Daddy went to a Church Service project where they did some spring cleaning over in the town cemetery. Savannah watched a movie while I cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, and mopped all the floors. I couldn't believe how quiet she was. Thank you Mickey Mouse!
We then headed outside to load up our neighbors truck we had borrowed, for Jared to take some things to the dump. I was able to load up only half of the sheet rock and junk that had been sitting in the yard all winter before I gave up. Then Savannah and I played in the yard for awhile until the boys got home.
Savannah wants so bad to ride RJ's bike. She kept climbing on it and saying "Motorcycle, please Mommy. Motorcycle please." Obviously she thinks any bike is a motorcycle. She is definitely a Wight!
So during Savannah's nap Jared went off to the dump and hardware store to buy a few supply's he needed for some more projects around the house while RJ and I pulled up the carpet in the front room. I was so proud of myself for all the hard work I did which I would normally make Jared do. I moved the furniture and pulled up base board, carpet, and tack strips. (I only did 2/3 of the room and had Jared do the rest. But 2/3 is a lot!)
We will us some of this carpet upstairs in the new room Jared was working on. The hard wood underneath it in great shape. It just really needs to be polished and maybe sanded down a little.
We found this area rug on clearance for only $60. I really like it but it makes me really want to buy that new couch I saw a few weeks ago. It would look great with the rug. As you can see, Sally really likes it too.
After Savannah's nap and the big project we needed a break. So back outside to play in the sprinklers.

Later that afternoon Jared put up this fence to help keep Sally in the yard without havening to chain her up. It is going to be so nice.
Thursday night we bought the kids a play set, one thing we both really wanted to get with our refund. Friday night after golf, Jared flattened out an area of the yard for the play set. You can see the big grass-less area in the back and Savannah is standing on the boxes that contain the play set. We just need to first cut down a few low branches from the willow tree before we start setting it up. The box says it will take two people and 8 to 10 hours. So next weekend will be just a busy.

I found this dress in a box full of clothes I was saving for Savannah. This is a 2T dress and wasn't sure if it would fit but I pulled it out anyway knowing she might be able to fit in it this summer. Jared of course wanted to try it on her the first warm Sunday we had, which was today. It is a gorgeous dress. I'm not sure who bought it for her, but who ever did, thank you. After it was on we both thought she should get out her fairy princess wings because she looked just like a little princess.

Both the kids love to dress up and RJ said that if she was going to be a princess then he needed to be a knight. Luckily he had a little knight costume and we had a little photo shoot before church.


Needless to say, after our busy weekends, Sunday was definitely our day to rest. We enjoyed a nice afternoon at church. RJ gave his first Primary talk and did an excellent job. He was so excited to give it. He had been waiting since the beginning of the year for them to ask him. He got a little nervous at first once he stood up in front of all the kids but by the middle he was doing great. The topic was families and he talked about why his family was special and thanked Heavenly Father for giving him a good family. It was sweet.

3 comments:

Aleena said...

Wow you guys did a lot this weekend. I was tired just reading about it. I didn't realize how many projects you are doing on your house. Good job! That must feel good to get so much accomplished.

Lisa said...

Great pictures! And WOW! You guys have been super busy! How exciting. I love the knight in shining armour with the fairy princess pictures. So cute!

christa said...

WOW, you've been busy! Way to go mom taking on some of the remodeling. Your yard is so nice, that's one thing I can't wait for a yard...of course I want to fence up the children so I don't have to keep them on a leash...not a dog ;)