Life in the Wight House

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tuesday Afternoon

Last weekend was a wonderfully HOT weekend. We got a lot done outside including planting the garden and some flowers out front. On Wednesday I knew our luck was going to change. Tuesday was forecasted at 88 degrees and Wednesday it would drop to the mid fifty's. Which it did. Idaho can be so crazy. So we made the most of Tuesday before the weather went bad. The kids and I went down to Freeman Park by the river and enjoyed the hot sunshine and cool water.
The river is very high this year and some areas are on flood warnings.

After the park we went to feed the ducks or geese as it turned out. RJ was very timid and wanted to stand up on the bench so they wouldn't "eat" him. I guess he had the right idea, Savannah was soon on the bench as well after a goose nibbled her finger trying to get a piece of bread away from her.

We stopped at Sonic on our way home for an ice cream to finish off the day. I ordered a chocolate sundae for the kids to split but they gave us a Hot fudge brownie sundae. They were screaming for ice cream so I didn't want to take the time to change the order. Chocolate is one thing but hot fudge melts the ice cream faster causing more of a mess. Savannah didn't seem to mind. I however had a huge mess on my hands. Next time I might just stick with a shake. Straws are less messier then spoons.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

It seems like it went from 20 degrees to 90 degrees overnight!!! Did you guys get a spring???