Life in the Wight House

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sunday's Snow Storm

So everyone has asked if we had snow last weekend. Yes we did get or first snow storm of the year. Seems like October is always the month for the first snow fall. It of course never sticks till December. I went through last years photos and found the first snow storm of last winter which was on October 6. It was a BIG storm. I remember it knocked out our power Saturday and or street was without power for 12 hours. We got a lot of snow that weekend , enough to build a snow man that stayed for two later. Here is a picture from last year: I'm not sure exactly when it snowed here this past weekend. I know it was forcasted to start snowing on Friday but we didn't see any till Sunday.
We were in Salt Lake and decided to drive home Saturday night instead of Sunday like planned. We didn't hit any snow over the Malad pass. But after the pass we had some snow flurries and slush on the road. Pocatello was covered in snow. But it was gone by the time we reached Blackfoot.
We made it home around 11pm Saturday night and there was snow falling in the air but it wasn't sticking much. But we woke up to a thin layer of snow on the ground Sunday morning. The kids were so excited. Savannah kept say that she wanted to find a snowman. She was just itching to get outside and play. I finally made it to the basement and pulled out the snow clothes so they could go play in it for a while. Savannah enjoyed eating the snow and RJ and Daddy had a snow ball fight. But there really wasn't much to build a good snowman. Jared and I were still very exhausted from the trip that we weren't interested in trying to build one either. Hopefully the next snowfall we can make the the snow man for the kids.
So here are the pictures from Sunday's snow fall. Which by the way was all gone by monday and we have been enjoying nice 50 degree weather.



After getting the snow gear out I learned that RJ needs snow pants and boots. Savannah needs a new coat, some gloves, and possibly new boots. Time for winter shopping.

3 comments:

mom of seven said...

You can keep the snow in ID, I'm already freezing and we haven't even had snow yet. As for which cousin I am, I am, Kathryn, the oldest of your moms brother LaVon and wife Linda.

Aleena said...

wow, I never thought I'd say this, but...I'm going to miss the snow! Crazy! I know! I'm really enjoying this beautiful 78-80 degree weather here in California right now though! And I am fully appreciating it, but I will miss watching Dan and the kids play in the snow together. Of course, I would love the snow for a few days but then I'd want the nice weather back!

jennie said...

You guys got lots more snow than we did! Ours was barely a dusting. That never happens! Looks like fun!