Life in the Wight House

Monday, October 13, 2008

Scrap Girls Convention

So this weekend we went to Salt Lake. I had my big Digitial Scrapbooking Convention with Scrap Girls. For anyone who wants to get into the Digi thing, Scrap Girls are awesome.
I was of course a little nervous about going to something like this. I have never been to a convention alone and I felt kind of nerdy meeting up the strangers, some of which I met online. But I really wanted to learn some new things and it was in Salt Lake, not too far away. It was an easy temptation to take. And I am glad I did.

I and the kids drove down to Layton Wednesday night and stayed at a good friends house (Monica is doing great and excepting their first!!!). It was really nice to visit with her again. And then we picked Jared up at the Salt Lake airport Thursday morning. Jared was kind enough to cut his DC business trip short so I could go to this convention, which started Thursday afternoon. Isn't he great! He and the kids went to Temple Square (the kids really enjoyed all the water fountains) and the Salt Lake Zoo (were RJ screamed his head of because he got sprayed by a fake elephant). Then they went down to Spanish Fork to visit with some friends (Doug's family. Jared and Doug stayed up till midnight Friday night canning salsa!!). Jared and the kids enjoyed their time together (well most of it). I think Jared was glad to pick me up Saturday evening.

So we don't have any pictures to share with you from this weekend. Sorry. Jared had a hard enough time keeping his eye on the kids. And I was too busy learning new things and scrapping old pictures into new Lay Outs. I'll have to post some new lay outs soon.

There were 132 ladies at the conventions and we had a blast making new friends and learning new tips. Here is a video that shows all the crazy fun we had. (But you probably won't enjoy it as much as I did)

The Scrap Girls Rap:


No comments: