Life in the Wight House

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pre-Hallween Fun

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES!!!

Friday night we found a pumpkin patch. This was the kid's first pumpkin patch experience and it might be their last for awhile since there is no Halloween in Europe, as far as I am told. They had fun picking out their pumpkins. RJ picked out the biggest he could find, weighing about 50 pounds.
Savannah's found a pumpkin just her size, weighing at 4.5 pounds.

They were both very proud of their finds.


They also found Brownies on a stick:

Look closely, I am actually in a picture!!


I thought this was a fun shot:

At home Savannah enjoyed drawing all over her pumpkin. It was a little too small to crave anyway.

Jared about ready to cut into the monster size pumpkin:

Savannah trying her hardest to help scoop out the insides:

Can't quite get it:

Almost there:

After the pumpkin was all cleaned out, Jared decided to try to put Savannah inside the pumpkin. Oh, the things we do to our children.
While all this was going, RJ was working on the perfect face for his pumpkin. After two pages of drawings (front and back) he finally decided on a face.


The kids enjoying the success of their work.

Daddy's handy work:


Saturday night we made out annually graveyard pudding dessert. This year I let the kids decorate it. The did a great job trying to make it look like a scary grave yard. Afterwards, we enjoyed a family movie night, Night at the Museum, which was really good.



Both RJ and Savannah were invited to a friend's Halloween party. Here is a little costume preview for the year. Savannah as Strawberry Shortcake and RJ as a Knight.

5 comments:

Janan said...

Kids are cute!! I have to say, I would be very SAD without a halloween! It is just so much fun to dress up and all!!

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

YEAH!!! Another familiar blogger! I'm so glad you "searched" us out. I haven't quite figured out how to search for anyone. This will be great---especially when you decide to abandon us!

christa said...

That is THE cutest costume, I have never seen a Strawberry Shortcake costume!! She looks adorable, like Strawberry as a toddler! So CUTE!!
I love the pumpkin pic, as you know I sometimes torture my children for my own entertainment as well. ;)

Aleena said...

Cute pictures, pumpkins, and graveyard cake! How do you make that? Happy Halloween!

Lisa said...

What fun! I still have yet to visit a pumpkin patch. . . someday. Great pictures. Looks like you all had a great time. what cute costumes, too! Holidays really can be so much fun.

And, p.s. the item you offered, we'd love to help take off your hands, if/when available.
How did your discovery toys party turn out? Sorry we couldn't make it.