Life in the Wight House

Monday, October 6, 2008

Good Bye Summer

We have had some awesome weather. It has been a great fall so far. The temperature has been in the upper 70's and low 80's for the past few weeks. I remember last year when we had our first snow storm the end of September. So this year we have tried to soak up as much sun shone and warm weather as we can because I know the snow isn't too far away. A few weekends ago, we were out enjoying the warm evening. It would have been the perfect evening to be camping and I really wanted to roast marshmallows. But we didn't have any. Jared however found some left over sparklers and things from the 4th. We decided to use them up because this might be our last chance. Considering Fall is officially here, we said your farewell to summer. The kids had a blast. I am so glad we live out in the country.


Out little dare devil was afraid of the sparkler at first. But she soon warmed up and had a blast.




After the firework fun, Savannah took off into the back pasture. It wasn't very fun trying to catch her. I couldn't see were I was walking and there is tons of horse poop back there. Luckily it is all dried up, but it still wasn't fun. I was in Flip Flops! Savannah ran all the way to the back fence and then continued along the side of the fence before she decided she was scared and came running back to me.
RJ's Good Bye Dance

2 comments:

Sammie said...

What a great picture of the kids waving the sparklers in the dark!
Sammie

Lisa said...

Makale has the same fishing pole.