Life in the Wight House

Monday, August 4, 2008

Bear Lake

Jared got home from a business trip in Virgina Thursday afternoon and that evening we drove three hours south to camp at Bear Lake. We had gone last year and loved it and knew we wanted to go again this year. Our summer schedule has been so busy, I am glad we were able to squeeze in a trip down there. It was a hot weekend but the water was nice. The kids loved splashing in the water and playing in the sand. I enjoyed watching them and relaxing on the beach reading while they spent some good quality time with dad. Both RJ and I learned to fly a kite (yes that is right, I really didn't know how to do this). It was fun. Friday night the wind picked up making lots of big waves. Jared took the kids out in the boat and they had a little rapid ride. I don't have any picture of that since I was out in the water too making sure the boat didn't tip. The water is very shallow and you have to go out several yards before either Jared and I can dive under the water. It is nice to let the kids get loose in the Lake and not worry to much , especially since Savannah is a little dare devil and water baby. The two don't mix very well, but Bear Lake makes it easier. Saturday morning we packed up but still manged to spend most the morning down at the water. RJ however received his first bee sting which wasn't much fun. Other then that we had a great trip. By the way, Bear Lake's famous raspberry shakes and still the best, ummm it was so good. Better then last year's I think. RJ really likes creating stories for me to write down. We wrote a story about our day while Daddy was getting the fire started for dinner. Then he tired to read it back to me.

Jared left his hot dog sticks with the scout stuff. So the kids helped him find a stick and got his knife and went to work wielding it. (not sure if I spelled that right)

Cooking Hot Dogs
Enjoying smores before bed. Yes, it is after 8 even though it doesn't look like it.
Throwing "Canon Balls"

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What great pictures! I've never been to Bear Lake. Looks like I might have to reconsider that and go sometime soon. Looks like you all had a blast.

Harris Family said...

I think we need to plan a big friend family camping trip here. It is the absolute best! Your pictures are a lot of fun. I told Jennie Lokey maybe if we plan it for two years from now, we can all save up and rent some jet skiis. I have my dad's ski boat we could use with tubes too. We should set a date now so we can make it happen! What do you all think?

Lisa said...

Funny that we were both camping the same weekend. That water looks so nice. Looks like you had a great time.

Lisa

Harris Family said...

Ok-one more comment-where are you in all of these pictures? My mom always has said that is one of her regrets-she always had the camera. Tell Jared to take some of you too!

christa said...

Wow, that looked pretty close to the beach! Not bad. Yummy food too.