Life in the Wight House

Monday, August 11, 2008

The play dough did it

Last week I found that I couldn't push the media card into the computer to download my photos. Jared took a look at it and discover that there was a little ball of play dough pushed inside the card slot. He was able to get the play dough out with the help of a paper clip. Unfortunately, even after getting the dough out, the computer wasn't reading the card. From the look of it, two of the prongs where pushed out of place. I used the camera cord to download my photos last week but this Sunday when I went to do that again, Jared decided to tackle the problem and fix it, which meant taking the entire computer apart. All this because of a tiny piece of play dough.

7 comments:

The ZamFam said...

Oh the love of play dough! I HATE that stuff!!! Do you know which one did it? I bet it was Jared!! lol

Heather said...

I never really thought of the damage play dough can do before. . . .

Kind of random and not really related to your blog, but I am having a baby shower Aug. 30th and wanted to invite you, but don't have your current address or anything. I'll see if I can call my mom to call you mom and track it down and all, but your invited. I guess I am just trying to give you a heads up.

jennie said...

So, did Jared fix it? Knowing him, he worked until he did! :) Yeah, I have a foam letter stuck in the disk drive of our desktop. Oh well!

Lisa said...

HA! kids are somethin' else, aren't they? how funny. And to think we flipped when they stuck things in the VHS player. . .

Jen, if you update your "blogger buddies" list, it should include my blogspot of when it updates, like the others'. Just in case you were interested.

Heather said...

Silly me. I just realized that on the 30th you'll be on your AWESOME trip! so I guess that while you're invited to my baby shower, you won't be coming because you'll be in Paris. Have fun!

And in answer to your question, Baby Matthew is Dave's little boy.

jennie said...

We went to the spray park on Tuesday, didn't you go Wednesday? It's getting chilly, huh? Too soon!!! We'll have to get together soon though! Maybe when you guys get back from stupid Paris. (I'm sulking...) Have a great time! :)

Harris Family said...

Hey Jen! I went private with my blog and need your email address to invite you. My sister in law had a stranger leaving wierd comments on her site. I guess open blogs are a predators paradise. I wondered how safe it was. Anyways, I want to protect my family and thus it is. My email is kellieharris5@yahoo.com Play dough-you gotta love it!!