Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mister tough guy does the Water-Melon

I have been updating this blog once a week. But somtimes I find that so many things happen in a week it is hard to remember the little stuff. I am awful about keeping a jornual and sometimes Jared makes mention that this blog is our family jornual. Which in a way I think is very true. I try to scrapbook the kids life as a jornaul for them which include pictures. But I am far from update to date with that. And since I fail to document the little things and of course don't have pictures of all the little things, some of the most fun and inspiring moments of their lives gets forgotten. So I have decided to try to either keep a jornaul for them or be more diligent at writting little events on the blog. Since the blog is already started and I know Grandparents would enjoy hearing about the little things and I enjoy typing over writting, the blog has won. So on to life's little moments.
RJ loves playing games. I seriously started playing games with him at age two. He picked it up quickly and loved it. Savannah on the other hand can't sit still and hasn't gotten the concept of taking turns. She throws fits when we don't play her away and likes to just make a mess of the cards or game pieces. Even though she is the same age as RJ when he started playing she, like most two year olds, is far from being ready to play games. I am sure that we didn't play by the rules when RJ was two but now that we do it is a little frustrating for RJ to try to make a game work when all Savannah wants to do is move pieces around her way. So when Savannah takes her nap, RJ gets to play a couple games with mom (and dad during the weekends). Having a SimplyFun business has greatly benefited his love for games, since I have a huge selection of them.
So today, RJ and I were playing some games on the bed. He was sitting on the edge of the bed. We were just finishing up our last round of Crazy Ates (he likes to play till he wins a round, he won round three). Anyway, RJ all of a sudden threw himself backwards, not realizing he was on the edge, doing a nice backward summer-sult landing on his head. I jumped up quickly hoping he didn't hurt his neck or anything. But RJ got to his feet trying his hardest to be brave and hold back the tears. With a quivering lip he searched my face and tried to smile exclaiming "That was a cool trick, huh? I call it the Water-Melon." RJ has always been prone to tears but since he has been four and knows five is right around the corner he has tried to be big and brave. I just had a kick out of the fact that he named his stunt as he tried to be mister tough guy.

2 comments:

Jared said...

are you kidding?? that is hilarious. lol!

Harris Family said...

I love it! Tell RJ he needs to teach me how to do that trick! What a precious moment. Good for you to document it. I forget to do that.